This work by Michael Etigson (E-mail) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Poker Pigeons

Okay, this is the last of the cleaned and found drawings (well, probably not the last considering just how many other piles and mounds of papers, pads, etc. I have lying around). I think I did this while at a hospital, but I can't be sure. The fact that it appears to be a spin on the classic Dogs Playing Poker painting and seems to denote a bad pun involving the idiomatic 'pigeon', it's quite possible I wasn't inspired by anything at the time.

However, there is an odd feature of the drawing that is puzzling the hell out of me. The berets, the bottle of wine and the striped shirts (which I know from old movies to be a sort of Parisian fashion cliché), seem to indicate the pigeons were French. It's going to be driving me nuts for decades to come as to why I would make the pigeons French.

And before you say anything, I know there's nothing supporting the table... It's art, dammit.

No comments: