This work by Michael Etigson (E-mail) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nurses are Handy


I was a bit surprised when a nurse looking through my drawings mentioned that she felt many of my representations of nurses were not terribly flattering. I suspect she was referring to ones like that of a nurse as a vampire ready to draw blood, but I decided to rectify the artistic record to reflect my continual amazement and gratitude at the efficiency, patience and compassion of these caregivers who rarely receive much in the way of thanks other than someone barking at them because they are in pain.
If I could actually give them the extra hands I gave to the one in this drawing I would, although I've seen them do quite well with the two they already have.

1 comment:

Maud Guilfoyle said...

I like this drawing so much, especially the way you drew the cat just chilling!